May 25, 2006

Cars can be so frustrating

I often find myself griping about various things, and try to avoid complaining, but some days it seems inevitable.

My 1996 Ford Probe GT is on the fritz and has been most of this year. It started having engine troubles last December, and I took into the mechanic after Christmas to have a major tune-up. The water pump was replaced as part of this repair, but a leak in one of the hoses near the water pump lead to more repairs. So, after a new-used engine and $5k later, the car now is in dire straits. The transmission, which was installed on the vehicle 3 years ago and was used, has given out. Now, given that Ford no longer makes Probe parts, I can pay ~$2k to have another used tranmission installed, but who knows how long that system will last. I'm thinking the car just wants to no longer be driven. Could that really be the case?

Cars, cars, cars... What next?

No comments: