October 20, 2006

Real estate and home maintenance

Why does preparing a home to put it for sale have to be so difficult? When I bought my first home in May, 2004, I thought that was one of the difficult times I had ever experienced, but as I prepare to put the same home on the market this fall, that particular process has been almost as painful. After a new roof, new gutters, new windows, new paint, etc., etc., I want to say "Enough is enough." Now, I think I have brought on much of this grief myself for trying to take on too much and not asking for help, but it certainly makes me never want to sell a home again.

Like I mentioned to several people already, maybe I'll get out of real estate altogether and go live under the bridge with the Fremont Troll in Seattle. :)

No comments: